This 1927 Chevrolet chassis was purchased new from Wyatt Chevrolet of Meadville.
The water tanks, 25 gallons each, are from a hand-drawn two-wheeled cart that was part of the Borough fire protection equipment. Soda acid was incorporated into the water to generate water pressure.
This truck provided the means of hauling a ladder, buckets, fire hose, tools, and manpower.
The idea and workmanship involved were done by the members of the department.
The last structure fire this apparatus responded to was on December 27, 1950.